NEOPRENE Also: chloroprene -- Synthetic rubber. Color: Black
Typical Uses: General sealing and cushioning applications. Good ozone and intermittent oil resistance. Good for some refrigerants. Commonly used for bearing pads and for diaphragm elastomer.
- Moderate resistance to oil, solvents and fuels.
- Available in a range tensile strengths.
- Hardnesses: 20 to 90 durometer
- Available in FDA-approved grade (off white color).
- Specific gravity is 1.2 - 1.3, 25% more than water.
- Temperature range -40o F to 200o F
MIL-Spec material available.
- Rolls & sheets to 2" thick
- Pads to 8" thick
- Strips to 2" thick
- Cut shapes
- Pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) added
- FDA approved materials
- MIL-spec materials
- Uncured compounds