- Unmodified nylon is the strongest, most rigid material and has one of the highest melting points.
- Specific gravity is 1.14, about 14% heavier than water.
- Temp: 194o F is maximum heat deflection, with a melting point of 491o F.
- Nylonís toughness, good abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction make it an ideal replacement for a wide variety of materials from rubber to metal.
- TYPICAL USES: Using nylon reduces lubrication requirements, eliminates galling, and corrosion problems, and improves wear resistance and sound dampening characteristics. Nylon has a proven record of outstanding service in a multitude of parts for such diverse fields as paper, textiles, electronics, construction, mining, metalworking, aircraft, food, and material handling.