- Used extensively where impact, clarity, higher operating temperatures, flame retardant, and good dielectric properties are priorities.
- Specific gravity is 1.2, about 20% heavier than water.
- Temperature limit: 270o F.
- Polycarbonate is available with additives included or coatings applied in order to enhance such properties as stiffness (glass filled), abrasion resistance, static dissipation, and low smoke generation. Can also supply grades to match FDA regulations.
- TYPICAL USES: Architectural glazing, signs, protective shields, aerospace and mass transit interior surfaces, ballistic and containment glazing, face plates and business machine housings.