- Superior tolerance to heat, fire, as well as excellent resistance to weathering. Silicone also offers a wide range of chemical resistance.
- Closed-cell foam, sometimes called CCSS, available in soft, medium, firm and extra-firm densities. Thickness to 1/2 inch.
- Firmness: from 6 to 25 PSI for 25% deflection
- Densitiy: from 20 to 45 pounds per cubic foot.
- Temperature range -100o F to 450o F
- Available as micro-cellular open cell foam. Thickness to 1 inches.
- Firmness: from 2 to 22 PSI for 25% deflection
- Flame resistant, approved to UL94 V-0 and HF-1
- Available FDA approved.
- Both closed-cell and open-cell available with PSA (pressure sensitive adhesive)
- TYPICAL USES: Silicone is generally used in high heat applications where typical elastomers will breakdown or weaken under the stress and in food processing. It offers excellent resistance to ozone and ultraviolet exposure.